There are instances when you want to hide a single product from the search results on your Shopify store such as, pre-launching a product and making it available to only influencers or selected members.
These steps hide product from displaying in YOUR STORE search results.
There are two ways you can add this feature using Metafields:
- Metafields Guru or a similar 3rd party Metafields app
- Use Shopify’s new Metafields editor.
- Select Products & Variants
- Click on Create Metafield and add these values: 1) Type : Integer 2) Namespace: seo 3) Key: hidden 4) value: 1
That is all, your product will now be hidden in search results.
Using Shopify Metafield editor
- Head over to Settings and select Metafields
- Click the button “Add Definition”
- Fill in the following values
- Go to the product you want to hide and add the value of 1
That’s all what is needed to hide your product from your store search results.
If you need assistance in setting up this, do send me an email at email@example.com
About Web Kraftz: We are a Shopify agency based in Toronto, we are experts in bespoke theme development, store migrations, store setup, complex integrations. We also provide no contract monthly packages at reasonable rates.